Application Development &
Mainframe Tools Together
Select Business Solutions is excited about our new combined newsletter for our Application Development and Mainframe Products.
Many of you may not be aware, but Select Business Solutions offers two product lines. Below is a brief introduction to the groups and some of the products offered.
Mainframe Products (zTools)
- UltraQuest combines the best of the mainframe and the Web, providing your business users with efficient, ad hoc reporting access to their enterprise data with the convenience of the Web. It empowers your users with the information they need while minimizing the IT support and training effort.
- NOMAD is the most functionally rich business intelligence reporting tool available today for delivering a full range of applications with easy access to a variety of data sources for reporting and analysis.
- Transit ETL is designed to allow non-technical users to quickly and easily extract data from the mainframe and mid-tier systems, transform the data using over 100 built-in functions and operators, and save the data in one of a variety of formats, including fixed, delimited and XML.
- UltraQuest Cloud Server (coming soon) gives organizations the ability to create their own private cloud (within the organization), allowing end users to connect to data that is stored on the mainframe in VSAM, QSAM, DB2, IMS, IDMS & NOMAD. Now users can utilize reporting tools they are familiar with to access mainframe data and join that data to any other data source.
Application Development Tools (ADT)
- Select Process Director Plus provides an effective approach to defining your software development life cycle, delivering an efficient way of rolling out the process to your projects and closing the 'process improvement' feedback loop. Adaptive, managed processes and genuine rollout means that the benefits of process improvement can actually be achieved.
- Select Solution Factory is an integrated set of products and modeling tools for Service and Component Based Development, design review, service/component management, requirements management, code generation and reuse. Select Solution Factory ensures that organizations leverage service and component based development and deliver systems that meet evolving business needs.
- Select Asset Manager is a highly scalable, active repository for software component publication, management, searching and component reuse. It helps designers and developers manage, publish and reuse components and web services, speeding delivery of high quality software applications and leveraging IT assets.
- Select Business Modeler is a scalable modeling tool for pragmatic Business Motivation Modeling (BMM), Business Process Modeling (BPM), and Requirements documentation. It is based on Select Architect, a widely accepted business and application modeling suite.
- Select Architect is a scalable modeling tool for pragmatic Business Motivation Modeling (BMM), Business Process Modeling (BPM), Service and Component Based Development (CBD), Rapid Application Development (RAD), Unified Modeling Language (UML) and database design. Select Architect is widely accepted and recognized as a consistent innovator in the design tools and modeling tools market.
Many of our ADT products may be purchased online by clicking here.
Select Solution Factory 8.0
Select Solution Factory 8.0 will be released later this year, with some significant enhancements to Select Architect. Select Architect 8.0 will now support UML 2.0 Component Diagrams (image) and Deployment Diagrams (image), extending its capabilities for component based development. There are also enhancements to our repository management facilities to provide better support for large repositories. And there will be a number of bug fixes.
Click Here if you would like to join one of our monthly demonstrations of Select Solution Factory.
In the next few months we will be releasing UltraQuest 6.0.
UltraQuest 6.0 will include several key enhancements including improved DB2 join support, syntax checking while building expressions and moving the Join dialog earlier in the Design Wizard to allow the user to select all of the files/tables needed to build a request.
Next month, we will be setting up demonstrations of UltraQuest 6.0 showing the newest features and how this version differs from previous versions.
Sign up now for an UltraQuest demo and see the new
Reporter desktop plus other new facilities in UltraQuest 5.50
Click here to find dates for up coming webinars and to register.
Select Business Solutions has over 120 hours of videos covering software engineering and development. These videos cover many topics including:
- The Evolution of Software
- Basic Design Concepts
- Products & Process
- Software Project Management
- Modeling Methods & Techniques
- Object-Oriented Methods
- Verification & Validation
- Information Technologies & Architectures
Click Here to see some snippets of the videos on our YouTube channel.
Click Here to see a full syllabus on our website.
35 Nutmeg Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
If you do not wish to receive future e-mails from