Select Business Modeler is a scaleable modeling tool for pragmatic Business Motivation Modeling (BMM), Business Process Modeling (BPM), and Requirements documentation. It is based on Select Architect, a widely accepted business and application modeling suite.
Strategic Business Modeling
Strategic modeling of the business, using the Business Motivation Model (BMM), allows models created in Select Business Modeler to be used to communicate and enhance business plans. This modeling activity, in turn, may be used to identify changes in business plans, and how they affect changes in systems (manual or as IT) modeled in business process models.
Business Process Modeling
Business Process Modeling (BPM) within Select Business Modeler is used to clearly communicate the desired business workflows and processes. This ensures that delivered solutions meet the needs of the business and that the impact of change can be easily assessed. Notations for BPM include the BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) and business process heirarchy diagrams.
- Strategic Business Modeling using the Business Motivation Model (BMM) standard from the Object Management Group (OMG)
- Model business process hierarchy using simple Process Hierarchy Diagrams
- Model process workflow using either Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) or Catalyst notations
- Run simulations of process workflow using the Select Business Process Simulator
- Business Motivation Model (BMM)
- Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) - export